If you are a creative person and using any kind of software to showcase your art, You must
be aware of this word called “Layers” because that is the one thing that keeps your
timeline or workspace organize the best way possible.
Now when it comes to working on the project and simultaneously labeling the layers with
correct order could seem lengthy and time-consuming to the designer but that’s a catch
here, Let’s analyze it with some relatable terms.
There are two scenarios both have pros and cons
1. Workspace looks good and minimalistic
2. Leaves a good first impression on the employer
3. It shows one’s work experience and professionalism
4. Easy to make changes in between hundreds of layers and this can save a lot of time
5. Don’t need to struggle to find that one layer by toggling the eye button
1. There’s only one thing that it might take a bit of one’s time at the start while you’re
starting the project but it’s worth it and saves time in the post changes.
1. None that I can find of
1. Leaves a bad impression and it’ll look messy and confusing.
2. It’ll take too much time to just find out that one layer in between of that hundred
3. Making changes in the design would be really confusing.
4. Toggling the eye button to see which layer it is could be tiring at some point
Clearly, it shows that labeling the layers seems more promising than not naming them.
“NOT NAMING THE LAYERS IS LIKE DESIGNING AN APP WITHOUT UX”
✓ Label your layers with the short names and keep them in chronological order as your
website or app screen (from top to bottom).